Higgins, Burks lead Colorado to 88-77 victoryNov 19, 2009 - 4:15 AM BOULDER, Colo.(AP) -- Cory Higgins and Alec Burks had 23 points each and Colorado beat short-handed Texas Southern 88-77 on Tuesday night.
Marcus Relphorde had 11 points for the Buffaloes, who are 3-0 for the first time since the 2001-02 season.
Travele Jones had a game-high 31 points for the Tigers (1-2), who played without leading scorer Whitworth Treasure.
Treasure, a junior-college transfer from Southern-Shreveport in Louisiana, was sidelined because paperwork for the transfer was not in order. Treasure averaged 24 points in the Tigers' first two games.
Colorado led by as many as 15 early in the second half but needed a late run to put away the Tigers. Burks' 3-pointer with 3:40 left gave the Buffaloes a 76-69 lead, and Higgins' three-point play gave Colorado an 81-71 lead with 1:46 left. Texas Southern got no closer than seven the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 77
COLORADO 88 FINAL
Nov 18 11:04 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 36
COLORADO 43 HALFTIME
Nov 18 9:54 PM
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16
- Boyle, Buffs look to rebound from disappointing season Oct 28
- Colorado Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Colorado's Xavier Johnson tears Achilles Jun 25
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Arizona eases past Colorado Feb 27