Columbia Union 61, Coppin St. 72Nov 20, 2009 - 3:01 AM BALTIMORE (AP) -- Branden Doughty scored 15 points and had 14 rebounds to lead Coppin State to a 72-61 victory over Washington Adventist on Thursday night.
Eddie Hayden added 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Eagles (3-1), who played their final game at the Coppin Center. They will move into the Physical Education Complex on Dec. 5.
Washington Adventist, which was formerly known as Columbia Union, tied the game three times, but never led. Coppin State outrebounded the Shock 59-44 and was 19-for-22 from the free throw line (86.4 percent).
Washington Adventist (1-1) shot just 43.5 percent from the line (10-for-23) and 16.1 percent from the 3-point line (5-for-31).
Lenny Young and Vince Goldsberry added 11 points each for Coppin State.
Khalid Martin led the Shock with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Antonio Ortega scored 12, and Darrick Williams and Desmin Wade had 10 each.
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2
- No. 1 Indiana plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 24 Illinois races past Coppin State Dec 11
- Coppin State seeks upset of No. 24 Illinois Dec 11
- Napier's triple-double leads UConn past Coppin State Nov 20
- Coppin State pays visit to No. 4 UConn Nov 20
- Hamilton, Texas rout Coppin State Dec 31