Cleveland State beats Florida A&M 78-64Nov 20, 2009 - 2:39 AM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Norris Cole scored 38 points to lead Cleveland State to a 78-64 win over Florida A&M on Thursday night.
Cole made 11 of 16 field goal attempts, including 3 of 4 from 3-point range, and made all 13 of his free throw attempts. Trevon Harmon added 14 points for the Vikings (2-1) and Aaron Pogue had a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds in the Cancun Classic.
Cole is one of only two returning starters for the Vikings, who have posted back-to-back 20-win seasons for the first time since the 1980s.
Larry Jackson had 18 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Rattlers (0-3). Yannick Crowder added 10 points and eight rebounds for Florida A&M.
Neither team shot well, but the Vikings converted 14 Rattlers' turnovers into 19 points. The Rattlers made only 32.8 percent of their field goal attempts (19-for-58) while the Vikings made 38.6 percent (22-for-57).
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25
- Leslie, NC State down Cleveland State Dec 8
- Vikings come calling on 25th-ranked Wolfpack Dec 8
- No. 5 Michigan thumps Cleveland State Nov 14
- Vikings tangle with fifth-ranked Wolverines Nov 13
- Cleveland State rewards Waters with 7-year contract Nov 9