Harangody's 29 paces ND to 82-62 victoryNov 20, 2009 - 2:35 AM By TOM COYNE AP Sports Writer
SOUTH BEND, Ind.(AP) -- Luke Harangody had 29 points and 12 rebounds and Notre Dame took control with a 13-2 run to open the second half, beating Long Beach State 82-62 Thursday night.
Tory Jackson added 13 points and Ben Hansbrough and Tim Abromaitis added 11 points each for the Irish (3-0), who outscored Long Beach State 50-36 inside. Notre Dame outshot the 49ers (2-1) 64 percent to 38 percent in the second half.
Larry Anderson led Long Beach State with 20 points. T.J. Robinson added 16 and Eugene Phelps had 18 rebounds.
Hansbrough started the 13-2 run with a layup, had a pass inside for a dunk by Tyrone Nash, then capped the spurt with a 3-pointer to extend the Notre Dame lead to 50-37. The 49ers cut the lead to eight points three times, but couldn't get any closer.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LONG BEACH STATE 35 27 62
NOTRE DAME 37 45 82 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: LONG BEACH STATE - LARRY ANDERSON 20, T.J. ROBINSON 16,
GREG PLATER 11
NOTRE DAME - LUKE HARANGODY 29, TORY JACKSON 13, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 11
Nov 19 9:20 PM
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 35
NOTRE DAME 37 HALFTIME
Nov 19 8:18 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17