Texas A&M-Corpus Christi rolls to 77-55 victoryNov 20, 2009 - 3:51 AM CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas(AP) -- Kevin Palmer had a game-high 17 points and Horace Bond added 15 to lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi past Texas-Pan American 77-55 Thursday night.
Palmer was 7 of 12 from the field, and Bond was 7 of 10. Justin Reynolds added 12 points and nine rebounds for the Islanders (2-2).
Luis Valera had 10 points to lead the Broncs (0-3). He was the only Texas-Pan American player in double figures.
The Islanders outshot the Broncs 52.5 percent to 35.6 percent. Corpus Christi scored 23 points off of 14 Bronc turnovers. Pan American forced 13 turnovers but converted them for just one point.
Pan American didn't score until nearly seven minutes into the game. By that time, Corpus Christi had built a 10-0 lead. The Broncs got as close as 14-12 with 7:38 to go in the first half before the Islanders went on a 16-3 run that padded their lead to 30-15 three minutes before the half.
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 55
TX A&M CORP CHR 77 FINAL
Nov 19 9:52 PM
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
Texas-Rio Grande Valley 23, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 36 2nd - 20:00Nov 19 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 23
TX A&M CORP CHR 36 HALFTIME
Nov 19 8:51 PM
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26
- No. 16 Memphis edges Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Dec 21
- Jayhawks cruise to school-record 63rd consecutive home win Nov 23
- South Dakota rallies past Texas-Pan American 76-71 Mar 12
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 53, Stephen F.Austin 60 Mar 11
- Texas-Pan American 56, Utah Valley St. 53 Mar 10
- Texas-Pan American tops Utah Valley 56-53 Mar 10