Texas Tech tops Northwestern State 94-75Nov 20, 2009 - 4:36 AM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- Mike Singletary had a game-high 25 points to lead Texas Tech past Northwestern State 94-75 Thursday night.
Singletary also had five rebounds and three steals, and he made all nine of his free-throw shots. Darko Cohadarevic and D'Walyn Roberts each added 11 points, and David Tairu and Brad Reese each had 10 for the Red Raiders (4-0). Cohadarevic also had nine rebounds.
Dominic Knight had 19 points to lead the Demons (1-1), and Damon Jones had 14. Devon Baker came off the bench to add 10.
Northwestern State held a slim lead for much of the first half, but Texas Tech took a 33-32 lead at 6:10 before halftime and never let go. The Red Raiders outscored Northwestern State 19-12 over the period's final six minutes to lead 52-44 at the half.
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Oklahoma sneaks past Texas Tech in OT Feb 21
- Hapless Red Raiders play host to 17th-ranked Sooners Feb 21
- Prince, Baylor hold off Texas Tech Feb 17
- Red Raiders seek upset of 20th-ranked Bears Feb 17
- Kansas bounces back with win over Texas Tech Feb 10