South Alabama routs Spring Hill 82-53Nov 20, 2009 - 3:55 AM MOBILE, Ala.(AP) -- Martino Brock scored 16 points and three others posted double figures as South Alabama easily beat Spring Hill 82-53 on Thursday night.
Tim Williams added 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Jaguars (3-1), playing their first home game of the season. Also, Bryan Sherrer had 11 points and Gary Redus 10 as the Jaguars had 10 players to score.
Trailing 19-17, the Jaguars went on a 20-0 run that put them ahead 37-19 with 2:23 to play in the first half. A 20-6 run late in the second half gave the Jaguars their largest lead at 82-47 with 2:29 remaining in the game.
Spring Hill (2-1), an NAIA school, was led by Marcus Coleman with 17 points. Antonio Burch added 11 points for Spring Hill.
The Badgers came into the game averaging 85 points, but were outrebounded 40-29 and shot only 33.3 percent from the field (2-for-60).
The Jaguars shot 51.9 percent (28-for-54).
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- South Alabama names Graves new basketball coach Mar 25
- South Alabama's Arrow retires Dec 19
- South Alabama upends No. 25 Florida State Nov 10
- South Alabama comes calling on No. 25 Florida State Nov 9
- No. 25 Florida State routs South Alabama Nov 20
- No.25 Florida State plays host to South Alabama Nov 20
- Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters Mar 7
- Sherrer shot gives South Alabama 52-51 victory Mar 6