Memphis sinks Tennessee Tech 92-59Nov 21, 2009 - 3:16 AM MEMPHIS, Tenn.(AP) -- Elliot Williams scored 23 points and Doneal Mack added 20 in leading Memphis to a 92-59 victory over Tennessee Tech on Friday night.
Williams connected on 8-for-12 from the field as the Tigers (2-1) overcame early shooting woes to finish hitting 56 percent from the field.
Willie Kemp added 11 points and six assists, while Roburt Sallie finished with 10 points for Memphis.
Kevin Murphy led the Golden Eagles (2-2) with 23 points, including 15 after the break. Jud Dillard scored 12 for Tennessee Tech, which never led in the game.
Memphis already had built a double-digit lead in the first half and continued to extend the margin after intermission, eventually leading by 38.
Tennessee Tech shot 43 percent from the field, but was hindered by 24 turnovers.
- Tubby Smith adds 4 assistants to his Memphis coaching staff May 10
- Memphis hires Tubby Smith as Tigers' new basketball coach Apr 14
- Memphis reviewing possible AD, coach conflict of interest Mar 22
- Josh Pastner to stay at Memphis despite missing NCAAs again Mar 18
- American Athletic Conference suspends Memphis' Shaq Goodwin Jan 5
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen gets 2-year extension Oct 8
- Moore leads No. 21 SMU over Memphis Feb 27
- SMU and Memphis collide in AAC action Feb 26
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Memphis Feb 1
- Memphis hits road to challenge No. 3 Gonzaga Jan 31