Florida International defeats NC Central 83-73Nov 21, 2009 - 2:31 AM MIAMI(AP) -- Marvin Roberts finished with 21 points and 10 rebounds to lead Florida International to an 83-73 win over North Carolina Central on Friday night.
Phil Gary added 18 points and six assists for the Golden Panthers (2-3), while Antoine Watson contributed 14 points and six assists.
FIU used a 6-0 run late in the first half to break a 30-all tie, and went into halftime with a 36-30 lead after a jumper by Gary with 2 seconds remaining.
In the second half, a jumper by Marlon Bright capped a 10-2 run for the Golden Panthers that put them up 66-54 with 9:06 left in the game.
The Eagles (1-3) were led by Vincent Davis, who had 23 points and nine rebounds. C.J. Wilkerson added 21 points.
N.C. Central shot 39.7 percent from the field (25-for-63) and committed 17 team turnovers.
FIU shot 50 percent in the game (31-for-62).
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22