The Citadel tops Eastern Michigan 63-56Nov 21, 2009 - 2:50 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Cameron Wells scored 24 points, including 17 in the second half, to lead The Citadel to a 63-56 win over Eastern Michigan in the first round of the Hispanic College Fund Challenge at Missouri State University.
The Citadel (2-1) led through most of the game and was up 45-37 with 9:47 left before Eastern Michigan (1-1) went on a 15-5 run to take the lead at 52-50 with 4:42 remaining.
Wells then scored the last 12 of The Citadel's final 13 points for the win.
Joe Wolfinger scored 14 points and grabbed 7 rebounds for The Citadel. Zach Urbanus added 12.
Eastern Michigan finished with four players in double figures. Brandon Bowdry had 14 and Justin Dobbins scored 12. Jay Higgins and Carlos Medlock each had 10.
Eastern Michigan was hurt by 17 turnovers that led to 14 Citadel points.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3
- Eagles hoping to soar past 21st-ranked Minutemen Dec 3