Arizona State 3-pointers rip San Francisco 104-65Nov 21, 2009 - 1:45 AM TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Rihards Kuksiks had career highs with 27 points, seven 3-point baskets and eight assists and Arizona State set a school record with 18 3-pointers in a 104-65 victory over San Francisco on Friday.
Freshman Trent Lockett scored a career-high 19 points, Ty Abbott had 11 points and Derek Glasser added 10 as ASU (4-0) tuned up for its meeting against No. 9 Duke in the semifinals of the Preseason NIT by shooting 61.3 percent.
Arizona State made 18 of 32 3-pointers while scoring the most points in coach Herb Sendek's four seasons.
Abbott, a reserve playing in his third game after knee surgery, made all three of his 3-pointers. Lockett and Jerren Shipp, the man Lockett replaced in the starting lineup, made both of their attempts. Glasser and Jemalle McMillan were 2-for-4.
Kwame Vaughn led San Francisco (2-1) with 17 points. Perris Blackwell had 13.
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 65
ARIZONA ST 104 FINAL
Nov 20 8:17 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SAN FRANCISCO 23 23
ARIZONA STATE 58 58 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
SAN FRANCISCO - DIOR LOWHORN 8, ANGELO CALOIARO 6,
PERRIS BLACKWELL 4
ARIZONA STATE - RIHARDS KUKSIKS 15, TY ABBOTT 11, TRENT
Nov 20 7:19 PM
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Arizona State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Hurley adds big boost of excitement at Arizona State Oct 28
- Hurley trying to make the pieces fit at Arizona State Sep 30
- ASU hires Duke legend Hurley as head coach Apr 9