Albany outlasts Alcorn State 71-55Nov 21, 2009 - 2:56 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Will Harris scored 15 points and Derrek Tartt added 13, leading Albany (N.Y.) to a 71-55 win over Alcorn State on Friday night.
Tartt was 2-for-2 from beyond the arc, while Harris hit 2 of 3 for the Great Danes (2-2) in the 2K Sports Classic. Albany outrebounded the Braves 43-26.
The Braves (0-4) stayed close early, and a Jonathan Boyd 3-pointer pulled Alcorn State to within 12-11 about 6 minutes into the game. But a pair of 3s from Harris and Mike Black fueled an 11-1 run and the Great Danes cruised from there.
Albany led by eight points at halftime and outscored the Braves 35-27 in the second half.
The Great Danes shot 46.4 percent from the field (26-for-56) compared to just a 35.1 percent mark (20-for-57) for Alcorn State.
Boyd led the Braves with 16 points and four steals.
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15