Cleveland State beats Sam Houston State 80-65Nov 22, 2009 - 2:27 AM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Norris Cole scored 24 points and had six assists to lead Cleveland State to an 80-65 victory on Saturday night.
Cole was 6-for-10 from the field as the Vikings (3-1), who never trailed, shot 25-for-47 from the field (53.2 percent). Cole also was 10 of 12 from the free throw line.
Sam Houston State (2-2) cut the score to 68-61 on Josten Crow's free throws with 3:33 remaining in the game, but Trevon Harmon hit a layup and Tim Kamczyc hit a jumper to extend the advantage to 72-61 with 2:14 left.
Cole hit four consecutive free throws to pad the lead to 80-63 with 52 seconds remaining.
Harmon added 16 points and Jared Cunningham scored 10 for Cleveland State, which was 9-for-13 from 3-point range (69.2 percent).
Preston Brown and Lance Pevehouse scored 13 points each for Sam Houston State. Corey Allmond added 11 points.
- Sam Houston State beats St. Thomas (Texas) 114-92 Nov 17
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25
- Leslie, NC State down Cleveland State Dec 8