Charleston Southern defeats Stetson 80-64Nov 22, 2009 - 4:37 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Jamarco Warren scored 16 points and Kelvin Martin added 15 points and 10 rebounds to lead Charleston Southern to an 80-64 victory over Stetson on Saturday night.
Tom Tankelewicz was 4-for-5 on 3-point attempts on his way to scoring 14 points for the Buccaneers (2-1).
Warren hit a 3-pointer to give Charleston Southern a 52-49 lead with 9:29 left in the game. Tankelewicz and Jeremy Sexton hit consecutive 3-pointers to give the Buccaneers a 61-54 advantage with 6:49 left.
Tankelewicz hit another 3-pointer for a 70-59 lead with 3:42 remaining.
Charleston Southern was 8-for-15 from 3-point range (53.3 percent).
Martin also had four of Charleston Southern's 11 blocks.
A.J. Smith scored 23 points to lead Stetson (1-3), which was only 8-for-35 from the field (22.9 percent) in the first half.
Graeme Radford had nine rebounds for the Hatters.
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10