Florida State beats Mercer 89-50Nov 22, 2009 - 2:05 AM MACON, Ga.(AP) -- Deividas Dulkys scored 14 points to lead Florida State to an 89-50 win over Mercer on Saturday.
Dulkys shot 4-for-7 from 3-point range for the Seminoles (3-0). Chris Singleton added 14 rebounds, while Solomon Alabi, Xavier Gibson and Jordan Demercy scored 12 points each.
The Seminoles outscored Mercer 40-18 in the first half, while holding the Bears to 13.5 percent shooting (5-for-37). Mercer was also outscored in the second half, by the margin of 49-32.
The Bears (3-2) were led by James Florence, who scored 14 points. Daniel Emerson chipped in with 12 rebounds.
Florida State shot 59.3 percent from the field (32-for-54), including 44.4 percent from 3-point range (8-for-18).
Mercer shot 19.7 percent from the field (14-for-71) and 21.9 percent from beyond the 3-point arc (7-for-32). The Bears also committed 20 turnovers as a team.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA STATE 40 49 89
MERCER 18 32 50 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: FLORIDA STATE - DEIVIDAS DULKYS 14, THREE
PLAYERS WITH 12
MERCER - JAMES FLORENCE 14, CHRIS SMITH 7,
MICHAEL JENKINS 6
Nov 21 6:43 PM
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 40
MERCER 18 HALFTIME
Nov 21 5:30 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26
- Leonard Hamilton gets 2-year extension at Florida State Feb 24