Lafayette 69, N.J. Tech 52Nov 22, 2009 - 1:17 AM NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Jared Mintz scored 19 points and Lafayette held New Jersey Tech to just eight points over the last 9:54 for a 69-52 win on Saturday.
With the game tied at 34 at halftime, the Leopards (3-1) outscored the Highlanders 35-18 in the second half.
Lafayette opened the second half on a 14-4 run and led 48-38 with 14:23 left in the game on a layup by Marek Koltun.
New Jersey Tech (1-2) shot just 25 percent after halftime (7 of 28), including 0-for-7 from behind the 3-point arc.
Chris Flores cut the deficit to 50-44 with 9:54 left, but the Highlanders couldn't get any closer.
The Leopards shot 54.9 percent in the game (28 of 51) and had eight steals.
Lafayette's Jim Mower had 14 points and four assists.
Isaiah Wilkerson scored 11 points and had four assists and Sean McCarthy tallied 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Highlanders.
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6