High Point routs Hampden-Sydney 100-74Nov 22, 2009 - 3:20 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Nick Barbour scored 23 points and four other players scored in double figures as High Point beat Hampden-Sydney 100-74 on Saturday night.
Eugene Harris had 19 points for the Panthers (2-1) David Campbell added 14 points, and David Singleton and Jourdan Morris each had 10.
The Panthers led by only four points one minute into the second half, then went on a 31-6 run over the next seven minutes to lead 76-47 with 12:03 remaining.
Strong shooting propelled the Panthers, who were 38-for-70 from the field (54.3 percent).
The Division III Tigers, playing their season opener, made 28 turnovers, 18 of which were steals by High Point. Singleton had six steals and Tehran Cox had five for the Panthers.
The Tigers were led by Turner King with 21 points and nine rebounds. Ben Jesse added 12 points and Harrison George had 10.
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- High Point 73, N.C.-Asheville 84 Mar 2
- UNC-Asheville beats High Point 84-73 in Big South Mar 2
- Law paces High Point past Presbyterian 67-48 Feb 27
- High Point defeats Winthrop 71-66 Feb 25
- Liberty defeats High Point 76-67 Feb 20
- VMI outlasts High Point 91-84 Feb 16
- High Point defeats Charleston Southern 73-68 Feb 13
- High Point defeats Coastal Carolina 69-65 Feb 11