Portland rallies to beat Oregon 88-81Nov 22, 2009 - 5:33 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- Nik Raivio scored 24 points to lead a big second-half turnaround as Portland registered an 88-81 victory over Oregon on Saturday.
Robin Smeulders added 17 points and eight rebounds and T.J. Campbell chipped in 16 points for the Pilots (3-0).
The Ducks (3-1) employed a tenacious defense to keep Portland off balance for a large stretch of the first half. That helped the Ducks jump to 10-point leads twice before halftime.
But the Pilots turned the momentum around at the start of the second half. Campbell, Ethan Niedermeyer and Raivio each hit a 3-pointer during a 15-1 run that turned an eight-point halftime deficit into a 52-46 lead with 16:30 left in the second half.
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND 88 FINAL
Nov 21 11:48 PM
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND 37 HALFTIME
Nov 21 10:42 PM
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29