Rhode Island knocks off Holy Cross 92-75Nov 22, 2009 - 8:41 PM KINGSTON, R.I.(AP) -- Delroy James scored 21 points and had eight rebounds to lead Rhode Island to a 92-75 victory over Holy Cross on Sunday.
James led five Rams (2-0) in double figures as they controlled the game from the start.
Lamonte Ulmer scored 13 points, Keith Cothran had 11 and Akeem Richmond and Marquis Jones added 10 points each for the Rams. Will Martell and Jamal Wilson joined James with eight rebounds each.
Rhode Island led 11-2 with 17:16 left in the first half and 31-18 with 6:49 remaining. The Rams extended the advantage to 51-31 on James' dunk with 31 seconds left before halftime.
The Rams took their biggest lead at 87-64 on Martell's layup with 4:01 left in the game.
Andrew Keister led Holy Cross (0-4) with 21 points and 11 rebounds. Andrew Beinert added 14 points and Devin Brown added 12 points for the Crusaders.
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- No. 17 VCU rallies to down Rhode Island Jan 13
- VCU and Rhode Island lock horns in A-10 tussle Jan 13
- Kansas beats URI to move on in Orlando Nov 27
- Rams butt heads with Jayhawks in Orlando Classic Nov 27
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska in OT Nov 23
- Rams butt heads with 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 22