Missouri runs past Texas-Pan American, 100-44Nov 22, 2009 - 9:31 PM COLUMBIA, Mo.(AP) -- Kim English scored a career-high 25 points and Missouri defeated Texas-Pan American 100-44 Sunday in the opening round of the South Padre Island Invitational.
The Tigers (2-0) trailed 8-4 before taking control with 28 unanswered points.
Ben Smith led the Broncs (0-4) with 15 points, all on 3-pointers.
During Missouri's scoring burst, Pan American missed 12 field goals and two free throws. The Tigers finished the first half on a 46-5 run.
Pan American's 13 first-half points were the fewest in Mizzou Arena history.
English shot 9 of 12 from the floor, including 5 of 6 from 3-point range. Marcus Denmon, who started in place of the injured J.T. Tiller, added 10 points.
Pan American shot just 29 percent, and Missouri outrebounded the Broncs 44-27.
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18
- Kentucky tops Missouri Jan 30