Garcia leads Seattle to 91-87 win over Weber StateNov 23, 2009 - 12:23 AM SEATTLE(AP) -- Charles Garcia had 20 of his 27 points in the first half to help lead Seattle University to a 91-87 victory over Weber State on Sunday.
Aaron Broussard added 17 points and Cervante Burrell had 15 for Seattle (2-2), which won its second consecutive game.
Kyle Bullinger scored 22 and Steve Panos 21 to lead Weber State (0-3). Damian Lillard added 18 points and Lindsey Hughey 12.
Garcia was 9 of 19 from the field and had 11 rebounds. He had three points in the final 1:43 to help hold off the Wildcats, including a free throw with 16.5 seconds left to make it 91-87.
Mike Boxley and Chris Gweth each had 10 points for the Redhawks. Broussard hit three 3-pointers in the second half to help Seattle build an 18-point lead.
Seattle is playing its first full Division I schedule since 1980.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2