Creighton defeats Arkansas-Little Rock 80-65Nov 22, 2009 - 11:00 PM OMAHA, Neb.(AP) -- P'Allen Stinnett led five Creighton players in double figures with 13 points and the Bluejays beat Arkansas-Little Rock 80-65 Sunday.
Kaleb Korver added 12 points, and Kenny Lawson Jr. narrowly missed his first career double-double with 11 points and nine rebounds. Antoine Young and Cavel Witter each finished with 10 points.
Solomon Bozeman and Matt Mouzy led the Trojans (1-3) with 16 points each.
Creighton (2-1) opened the second half with a 15-2 run to pull away from Little Rock, which closed the first half on its own 15-2 run to get within 35-30.
The Bluejays jumped ahead 14-4 to start the game and never trailed. Creighton extended its lead to 33-15 with 4:40 to go in the first half and led by as many as 23 in the second.
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Butler slips past Creighton Feb 17
- Bluejays and Bulldogs meet in Big East brawl Feb 16