Bradley holds off Wofford, 56-54Nov 23, 2009 - 2:44 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Taylor Brown, in his first game of the season, scored 16 points to lead Bradley to a 56-54 victory over Wofford in the first round of the Las Vegas Invitational on Sunday.
Bradley (2-1) led by 12 with just under 12 minutes to play but Wofford pulled within a point as time ran down and had a chance for the win. But Andrew Warren's steal and breakaway dunk with 4.2 seconds to go gave the Braves a 56-53 lead.
Wofford's Jamar Diggs was fouled, made the first free throw, missed the second on purpose but time ran out. Junior Salters led the Terriers (2-2) with 15 points and Noah Dahlman scored 11.
Brown, a sophomore, had career highs in points and rebounds (eight). He was suspended for Bradley's first two games for violating team rules. Chris Roberts added 13 points and nine rebounds for Bradley.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4