Lehigh defeats Monmouth 86-74Nov 24, 2009 - 2:38 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- CJ McCollum scored 15 points to lead four players in double figures and Lehigh defeated Monmouth (N.J.) 86-74 on Monday night.
Rob Keefer and Michael Ojo scored 13 points each and Marquis Hall chipped in 11 for the Mountain Hawks (2-2).
Lehigh ended the first half on a 10-4 run, taking a 38-30 lead on a dunk by Gabe Knutson with 2 seconds left in the half.
The Mountain Hawks then began the second half with four straight points for a 42-30 lead with 18:09 remaining in the game.
Lehigh led by as many as 77-61 on a 3-pointer by Zahir Carrington with 3:23 left.
The Mountain Hawks shot 52.6 percent in the game (30 of 57), while turning the ball over just nine times compared to 16 by Monmouth (1-3).
Monmouth's Travis Taylor finished with 20 points on 6 of 9 from the field and 8-for-9 from the free-throw line and Will Campbell added 13.
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Syracuse destroys Monmouth Dec 8
- Hawks face tall task in clash with fourth-ranked Orange Dec 8
- No. 20 Notre Dame dominates Monmouth Nov 12