James Madison beats North Carolina Central 79-66Nov 24, 2009 - 4:57 AM MIAMI(AP) -- Darren White led four players in double figures with 20 points and James Madison beat North Carolina Central 79-66 in the 2K Sports Classic on Monday.
White made 7 of 14 field goals as the Dukes (2-2) shot 54.7 percent from the field (29-for-53). He also had nine rebounds.
Pierre Curtis had 16 points, Dazzmond Thornton added 14 off the bench and Julius Wells had 13 for the Dukes, who won their second straight game.
The Dukes led 45-29 at halftime and built their largest lead at 52-31 on a layup by Trevon Flores with 17:04 remaining.
C.J. Wilkerson led all scorers with 21 points for the Eagles (2-4), who lost for the second time in a row. Wilkerson made only 4 of 13 field goals but converted 11 of 12 free throws. Nick Chasten added 12 points for the Eagles. The Eagles shot 37.7 percent from the field (23-for-61).
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16