Richmond rallies to defeat Longwood 65-52Nov 25, 2009 - 2:47 AM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Kevin Anderson scored six of his 22 points during an 18-2 spurt late in the game as Richmond defeated Longwood 65-52 on Tuesday night.
Ryan Butler scored all five of his points during the Spiders' go-ahead spurt, including a 3-pointer - Richmond's only trey in 10 attempts - which gave the Spiders (4-1) a 53-50 lead with 4:37 left.
In the final 9:42, Longwood was 1-of-8 from the field with eight turnovers as the Spiders finished with a 26-4 run in the second round of the South Padre Island Invitational.
Despite having only three field goals in the final 10:47 of the first half, the Lancers (0-5) led 34-33 at halftime.
Richmond had no field goals in the final 4:50 of the half and 12 first-half turnovers.
Dan Geriot had 10 points for the Spiders and Anderson added six rebounds and three steals.
Dana Smith had 16 points for Longwood. Antwan Carter added 15.
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- VCU downs Richmond to reach A-10 semis Mar 15
- Rams meet Spiders in A-10 quarterfinals Mar 14
- Jett leads Saint Louis in rout of Richmond Jan 29
- A-10 action pits Billikens against Spiders Jan 29