Holmes scores 34, Morgan State tops Arkansas 97-94Nov 25, 2009 - 3:27 AM FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Reggie Holmes scored 34 points, including a pair of free throws with 6.3 seconds remaining to lead Morgan State past Arkansas 97-94 Tuesday night.
Rotnei Clarke missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the Razorbacks after hitting a pair of 3-pointers to keep the game within reach with 14.1 seconds and 6.5 seconds remaining.
Clarke finished with a team-high 26 points. Mike Washington added 21 points and Marshawn Powell and Julysses Nobles scored 17 points each for the Razorbacks (2-2).
Morgan State (4-1) hit 34 of 41 free throws. Holmes sunk 13 of 15 from the line.
The Razorback loss snapped a 45-game winning streak at Bud Walton Arena against nonconference opponents. That was the second-longest streak in the nation.
- NCAA BB
MORGAN ST 97
ARKANSAS 94 FINAL
Nov 24 10:10 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MORGAN STATE 47 47
ARKANSAS 53 53 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
MORGAN STATE - REGGIE HOLMES 19, JOE DAVIS 7,
TROY SMITH 5
ARKANSAS - MARSHAWN POWELL 16, ROTNEI CLARKE 14,
MICHAEL WASHINGTON 9
Nov 24 8:57 PM
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Arkansas' Bell flourishing in expanded role for Razorbacks Jan 9
- Beard set to make return to action for Arkansas after arrest Dec 17
- Arkansas' Beard avoids trial, to return next month Nov 16
- Arkansas at a glance Oct 29
- Expectations low for Arkansas following 27-win season Oct 29
- Arkansas returns to underdog role after offseason arrests Oct 5