Wright State defeats Central Michigan 69-53Nov 25, 2009 - 2:49 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Vaughn Duggins scored 21 points and Todd Brown added 20 to lead Wright State past Central Michigan 69-53 on Tuesday night.
The Raiders (3-1) led 14-11 with 11:47 left in the first half before going on an 11-3 run, which began with six unanswered points. Vaughn capped the run on two free throws with 8:43 left in the half for a 25-14 lead.
The Raiders, who scored 24 points off of 20 Central Michigan (2-3) turnovers wouldn't lead by less than seven the rest of the way.
Wright State led 38-26 at halftime and built its lead to 69-51 on two free throws by Duggins with 53 seconds to play.
Duggins made 9 of 10 free throws and Brown was 4-for-6 from 3-point range.
The Chippewas were led Jordan Bitzer with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Chris Kellermann added 12 points and Marko Spica had six turnovers.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Valpo downs Wright State for Horizon League title Mar 12
- Crusaders and Raiders clash for Horizon League championship Mar 12
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29