Wisseh leads Long Island U past St. Peters 77-71Nov 25, 2009 - 4:40 AM BROOKLYN, N.Y.(AP) -- Jaytornah Wisseh scored 28 points and Long Island held off St. Peters 77-71 on Tuesday night.
Wisseh shot 9-for-12 from the floor and 9-for-9 from the free-throw line for the Blackbirds (2-2). Kyle Johnson and Michael Culpo each finished with 11 points, while Jamal Olasewere added 10.
St. Peters' Brandon Hall hit a jumper with 6:31 left in the second half to tie the game at 58-58. Long Island reclaimed the lead after scoring six straight points, highlighted by Kenny Onyechi's three-point play.
The Peacocks (1-3) cut the score to 72-69 with 15 seconds remaining after a three-point play by Jeron Berlin, who led St. Peters with 22 points. But Wisseh made four free throws and got a steal down the stretch to secure the win for Long Island.
Ryan Bacon scored 15 points for the Peacocks. Nick Leon had 13 points and Wesley Jenkins added 11.
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 71
LONG ISLAND 77 FINAL
Nov 24 9:39 PM
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 30
LONG ISLAND 36 HALFTIME
Nov 24 8:29 PM
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Kentucky shoots the lights out against Long Island Nov 24
- LIU promotes Perri to head coach Apr 11
- Green's triple-double leads MSU past Long Island Mar 17
- Spartans hope to avoid upset in NCAA Tourney clash with Blackbirds Mar 16
- Long Island handles Robert Morris for NEC title Mar 7
- Blackbirds and Colonials meet for NEC crown Mar 7
- Saint Peter's extends Dunne through 2015-16 Jun 22
- UNC uses big performances to down Long Island Mar 19