Delaware St. beats Mary Washington 59-43Nov 25, 2009 - 3:22 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Marcus Neal scored 17 points, including going 5-for-8 from 3-point range, to lead Delaware State in a 59-43 win over the University of Mary Washington on Tuesday night.
Frisco Sandidge added 11 points and Alibaba Odd had 10 for the Hornets (3-1), who are off to their best start under coach Greg Jackson. Sandidge, who also grabbed eight rebounds, is now nine points shy of 600 for his career.
The Hornets opened the game on a 15-3 run and took a 28-11 lead into the locker room at halftime. Mary Washington shot just 11.8 percent (14-for-37) in the first half.
Mary Washington (1-2) outscored the Hornets 32-31 in the second half but it wasn't enough.
Delaware State's bench outscored Mary Washington's 29-2, and the Hornets scored 19 points off of 22 turnovers.
Brandon Altmann was the lone Mary Washington player in double figures, scoring 27 points.
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Pitt stays unbeaten with rout of Delaware State Dec 8
- SC State defeats Delaware State 70-66 in OT Mar 12
- Delaware State slips past Bethune-Cookman 57-55 Mar 11
- Delaware State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 57-37 Mar 4