Tulsa wins 79-65 over Loyola MarymountNov 25, 2009 - 3:26 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Ben Uzoh broke out of a two-game slump with 22 points and 11 rebounds to lead a late first-half charge as Tulsa defeated Loyola Marymount 79-65 Tuesday night.
Jerome Jordan had 11 points, six rebounds and six blocks while sophomore Joe Richard added career highs in points (9), rebounds (11) and blocks (4) off the bench as Tulsa improved to 5-0. Jordan set the school record for career blocks with 267, one better than Michael Ruffin (1995-99).
Tulsa senior Bishop Wheatley, in his first game back after a four-game NCAA suspension for playing in exhibition games during a redshirt sophomore season, added 10 points, as did Stephen Idlet.
Drew Viney led ULM (2-4) with 18 points, Kevin Young had 14, Edgar Garibay 12 and Vernon Teel added 10.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 65
TULSA 79 FINAL
Nov 24 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOYOLA MARYMOUNT 29 29
TULSA 46 46 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
LOYOLA MARYMOUNT - DREW VINEY 8, KEVIN YOUNG 7,
EDGAR GARIBAY 6
TULSA - BEN UZOH 13, STEVEN IDLET 8,
JUSTIN HURTT 7
Nov 24 8:47 PM
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23
- Lions and Shockers meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 22