Mobile knocks off Louisiana-Lafayette 68-64Nov 25, 2009 - 4:39 AM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Donte Walker scored 17 points and Mobile knocked off Louisiana-Lafayette 68-64 on Tuesday night.
The Ragin' Cajuns (1-2) of the Sun Belt Conference committed a season-high 20 turnovers, leading to 24 points for the Rams, an NAIA school that counted the game as an exhibition.
Louisiana-Lafayette shot 34.1 percent from the field (14-for-41) and was 7-for-21 in the second half.
In a game that featured 13 ties, the Ragin' Cajuns trailed 65-63 when Randell Daigle missed the front end of a two-shot free throw opportunity. He made the second, then Mobile's Marcus Polnett made two free throws with 13 seconds left for a 67-64 lead.
Chris Gradnigo's 3-point attempt from the left corner hit the side of the rim and Ji Kimbrough rebounded to give Mobile possession.
Gradnigo led Louisiana-Lafayette with 17 points and a career-high 13 made free throws on 14 attempts.
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Michigan State hangs on against Louisiana Nov 25
- Spartans set sights on Ragin' Cajuns Nov 25
- Lousiana-Lafayette hires Marlin as new coach Mar 29
- Lee let go as Louisiana-Lafayette hoops coach Mar 9