Lin scores 18 as Harvard routs New Hampshire 78-60Nov 26, 2009 - 3:20 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Jeremy Lin scored 18 points and Christian Webster added 15 in his first start as Harvard coasted to a 78-60 victory over New Hampshire on Wednesday night.
The Crimson (4-1) made 60.9 percent of their first-half shots (14-for-23) compared to 19.0 percent (4-for-21) for the Wildcats (1-2). A 3-pointer by Lin at the buzzer gave Harvard a 46-26 bulge.
All four of New Hampshire's first-half field goals came on 3-pointers. The Wildcats missed all 11 of their 2-point tries but got to the free-throw line 22 times, making 14.
An 18-6 Harvard run in the first 6:02 of the second half built its lead to 64-32. The Crimson went deep into their bench, with 11 players logging at least 10 minutes and no one playing more than 24 minutes.
Dee Giger added 11 points for Harvard and Oliver McNally had nine assists and no turnovers.
Radar Onguetou's 12 points led New Hampshire.
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15
- No. 25 Harvard hosts MIT in season lid lifter Nov 14