Niagara 74, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 64Nov 26, 2009 - 3:21 AM EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP) -- Tyrone Lewis scored 18 points after missing four games with a foot injury and Niagara defeated Mount St. Mary's (Md.) 74-64 on Wednesday night.
Lewis scored 15 of his points in the first half for the Purple Eagles (4-2).
Tied at 25, the Purple Eagles (4-2) closed the first half with a 15-6 run in the last 5:25 to lead 40-31 at halftime.
Niagara extended the lead to 49-34 to open the second half, but the Mount cut the deficit to 51-45 on Kelly Beidler's 3-pointer with 14:51 left.
The Purple Eagles answered with a 7-0 run and led by double figures the rest of the way.
Bilal Benn added 14 points and 18 rebounds for Niagara while Rob Garrison chipped in 15 points and 10 boards.
Jean Cajou was 7-for-17 from the floor to lead Mount St. Mary's with 20 points.
Niagara won the rebounding battle 51-35, including 20-10 on the offensive glass.
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Niagara names Casey new men's hoops coach Apr 22
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame cruise past Niagara Dec 22
- Notre Dame puts perfect home mark on line against Niagara Dec 21
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- Burke placed on administrative leave Feb 16
- No. 24 Missouri routs Niagara Nov 17