UC Irvine defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 75-54Nov 26, 2009 - 3:56 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Michael Hunter scored 16 points to lead UC Irvine to a 75-54 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Wednesday night.
The Anteaters (3-3) controlled the second half to break open a tight game and send the Knights (1-5) to their third consecutive defeat.
Irvine led 39-35, but outscored Fairleigh Dickinson 36-19 in the second half in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Classic.
The Anteaters outrebounded the Knights 42-31 and had eight steals and turned the ball over 13 times compared to Fairleigh Dickinson's 29 miscues. Irvine also was 20-for-23 from the free throw line (87 percent).
Mike Wilder finished with 12 points and Eric Wise added 11 points for Irvine.
Sean Baptiste scored 19 points and had seven rebounds for Fairleigh Dickinson. Mike Scott added 14 points.
Wise and Baptiste were selected to the all-tournament team for the Richmond subregional.
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18