East Tennessee State defeats Arkansas 94-85Nov 28, 2009 - 3:42 AM FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Tommmy Hubbard scored a season-high 32 points and East Tennessee State overcame an early deficit to hand Arkansas its second consecutive home loss 94-85 Friday night.
Hubbard led the Buccaneers (3-3) in a sizzling night from behind the arc, hitting five 3-pointers as East Tennessee State nailed 11 of 14 3s as a team.
Arkansas had won 45 consecutive nonconference home games before the recent two-game losing streak and hadn't lost a nonconference game in Bud Walton Arena under third-year coach John Pelphrey before this week.
The Razorbacks (2-3) got 32 points from Rotnei Clarke in the loss, with the sophomore hitting on 10 of 17 3-point attempts while the rest of the team made just 1 of 10 from 3-point range.
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Arkansas' Bell flourishing in expanded role for Razorbacks Jan 9
- Beard set to make return to action for Arkansas after arrest Dec 17
- Arkansas' Beard avoids trial, to return next month Nov 16
- Arkansas at a glance Oct 29
- Expectations low for Arkansas following 27-win season Oct 29
- Arkansas returns to underdog role after offseason arrests Oct 5