Washington State beats Nicholls State 78-69Nov 28, 2009 - 6:53 AM ANCHORAGE, Alaska(AP) -- Washington State advanced to the finals of the Great Alaska Shootout with a 78-69 win over Nicholls State on Friday.
Klay Thompson paced the Cougars (5-0) with 21 points. DeAngelo Casto had 18 points and 14 rebounds for Washington State, which trailed 31-29 at the break. Reggie Moore added 14 points and Marcus Capers had 10 for the Cougers.
Fred Hunter scored 25 to lead Nicholls State (0-7), which will play No. 25 Oklahoma for fifth place on Saturday.
Anatoly Bose scored 10 of his 16 points in the first half for the Colonels, and Maurice Foster finished with 11 points.
Washington State will play in Saturday's final against San Diego (4-1), a 72-65 winner over Houston (2-2) in Friday's late game.
The tournament is sponsored by Carrs/Safeway.
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Utah battles past Washington State Mar 6
- Utes tangle with Cougars in Pac-12 tilt Mar 5
- Arizona routs Washington State Feb 15
- Wildcats collide with Cougars in Pac-12 affair Feb 15
- Utah rebounds with 22-point win over WSU Jan 22
- Pac-12 clash pits Cougars against Utes Jan 21
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13