Undefeated Iowa State tops Saint Louis 65-54Nov 28, 2009 - 1:02 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Craig Brackins and Diante Garrett each scored 16 points to lead Iowa State to a 65-54 victory over Saint Louis in the Chicago Invitational Challenge on Friday night.
Iowa State (6-0) briefly trailed 31-30 early in the second half, but the Cyclones responded with 13 unanswered points to pull away.
Brackins converted a three-point play and Garrett had a layup to give Iowa State a 43-31 lead with 13:15 left.
Brian Conklin led Saint Louis (4-1) with 18 points, and Willie Reed had 14 points and 13 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 54
IOWA ST 65 FINAL
Nov 27 7:54 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SAINT LOUIS 27 27
IOWA STATE 30 30 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
SAINT LOUIS - BRIAN CONKLIN 9, WILLIE REED 7,
CORY REMEKUN 5
IOWA STATE - CRAIG BRACKINS 10, MARQUIS GILSTRAP 9,
DIANTE GARRETT 8
Nov 27 6:48 PM
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Cyclones' season starts with Final 4 hopes, ends in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Iowa State struggles early, falls to Virginia 84-71 Mar 26
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Iowa State coach Prohm helps Cyclones reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Iowa State's Niang honed his craft guarding Nerlens Noel Mar 18