Suttle scores 22 as Pepperdine tops Hampton 75-66Nov 28, 2009 - 2:02 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Dane Suttle scored a career-high 22 points as Pepperdine pulled away from Hampton 75-66 Friday in the World Vision Challenge.
Pepperdine (2-3) overcame an early eight-point deficit to ride hot outside shooting by Suttle, who hit all five of his 3-point attempts in the first half.
Darrion Pellmum and Michael Freeman both scored 16 points for Hampton (0-4). Charles Funches finished with 11 points and Vincent Simpson had 10 for the Pirates.
Keion Bell scored 18 points for Pepperdine, which led 31-28 at halftime and only 53-50 with 6:54 to go. Corbin Moore then scored five points and the Waves hit six free throws in the final 1:23 to seal the win.
The Waves shot 51 percent from the field (26 of 51), to just 31 percent for Hampton (17 of 55).
- UVa routs Hampton 81-45 after Bennett collapses, returns Mar 17
- No. 1 seed Virginia keeps focus on Hampton - not Spartans Mar 16
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Kentucky starts slow, still pummels Hampton Mar 20
- No. 1 Kentucky opens with matchup against Hampton Mar 19
- Hampton tops Manhattan, advances to play Kentucky Mar 18
- Hampton and Manhattan open NCAA Tournament Mar 17
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14