Furman 72, N.C.-Asheville 66Nov 28, 2009 - 1:32 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- Jordan Miller scored 20 points to lead Furman to a 72-66 over North Carolina-Asheville on Friday night.
Miller shot 6-for-11 and added eight rebounds for the Paladins (4-1). Bryson Barnes chipped in with 17 points.
The game was tied at 46 with 5:59 remaining in the second half when Furman broke out on an 11-0 run. A layup by Miller with 3:01 left made the score 57-46 for the Paladins' largest lead of the game. A 3-pointer from UNC-Asheville's J.P. Primm with 25 seconds left cut the score to 67-63, but the Bulldogs would get no closer.
UNC-Asheville (0-5) was led by Primm, who scored 20 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Chris Stephenson added 16 points.
Furman shot 40 percent from the field (20-for-50), including 43.8 percent from 3-point range (7-for-16).
The Paladins got to the free throw line 31 times as a team, while the Bulldogs shot only 12 free throws.
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15