Monmouth, NJ rallies past Wyoming 75-73Nov 28, 2009 - 4:57 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Whitney Coleman scored 24 points, including the game-winning basket with 3.6 seconds left, as Monmouth New Jersey rallied past Wyoming 75-73 Friday in the World Vision Basketball Challenge.
With the score tied at 73, Wyoming turned the ball over with nine seconds left and Coleman took the ball the length of the court and hit a jump shot near the free-throw line to put the Hawks up.
After calling time-out, Wyoming's Desmar Jackson put up an off-balance shot at the Cowboys' 3-point line that was well off the mark. Jackson led the Cowboys (2-3) with 22 points.
Justin Sofman scored 16 for the Hawks (2-3), with Mike Myers Keitt and Ed Waite scoring 11 each and Travis Taylor 10.
A.J. Davis and Adam Waddell had 10 points each for Wyoming, which hit just 2 of 18 3-pointers. Monmouth hit 7 of 21 3-pointers.
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18