Southern California tops Coppin State 74-43Nov 28, 2009 - 6:39 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Nikola Vucevic had 15 points and a career-high 12 rebounds as Southern California coasted to a 74-43 victory against Coppin State Friday night
USC shot 58.3 percent from the field and made 6 of 13 3-pointers to stay ahead of Coppin State, which made just 5 of 25 shots in the second half.
Kareem Brown led the Eagles (4-2) with 11 points and Ceslovas Kucinskas added 11. Brown scored 11 of the Eagles' first 19 points, but missed both of his field goal attempts in the second half.
The Trojans outrebounded the Eagles 40-20 and scored 38 points in the paint.
Marcus Johnson had 11 points and Alex Stepheson added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Trojans (2-1).
Johnson and Stepheson made their season debuts against the Eagles.
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28
- No. 7 Arizona eases past USC Feb 20
- Pac-12 tilt pits Wildcats against Trojans Feb 19
- No. 11 Utah routs USC Feb 2
- Utes seek redemption in Pac-12 clash with Trojans Feb 1
- Utah routs USC in Pac-12 opener Jan 3
- Trojans challenge 10th-ranked Utes in Pac-12 opener Jan 2