Richard scores 18 as Army defeats Yale 64-48Nov 28, 2009 - 11:59 PM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Cleveland Richard scored 18 points, 13 in the second half, as Army defeated Yale 64-48 on Saturday for its fourth consecutive victory.
Yale (2-5), which turned the ball over on its first three possessions, led only once, 20-19 with 6:35 remaining in the first half. The Black Knights (4-1) then went on a 13-4 run to take a 32-24 halftime lead.
Army increased its lead to 37-24 in the first 1:19 of the second half as Richard hit a layup and Julian Simmons a 3-pointer. The Black Knights used a 9-0 run to turn a 46-36 lead with 13:47 left into a 55-36 bulge at the 8:15 mark. Jeremy Hence, who scored 10 points for Army, had a pair of layups during the run.
Alex Zampier, who had been averaging 22.3 points for the Bulldogs, struggled to a 4-for-15 shooting day and nine points, tied for the Yale lead with Porter Braswell, Raffi Mantilla and Reggie Willhite.
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Murray State beats Yale for CIT title Apr 3
- Racers host Bulldogs for CIT crown Apr 3