St. Francis defeats Colgate 66-65 on buzzer beaterNov 29, 2009 - 12:49 AM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Ricky Cadell hit a long jump shot from the corner as time expired to push St. Francis (N.Y.) past Colgate 66-65 on Saturday.
The Terriers (1-4) trailed 53-40 with 12:01 to play, before going on a 21-6 run capped by a Kayode Ayeni layup with 3:33 left to play for a 61-59 advantage.
The two teams then exchanged 3-pointers and the Raiders (0-5) tied the game 64-64 on a put-back basket by Yaw Gyawu with 46 seconds remaining.
St. Francis failed to come up with a basket on its next possession and the Raiders' Mitch Rolls was fouled on the rebound. Rolls made just the second of his two free throws, giving the Terriers the final possession with 19 seconds left.
Cadell finished with 15 points and Stefan Perunicic chipped in 12 for the Terriers.
Colgate was led by Gyawu with 22 points and Kyle Roemer with 18.
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25