Eastern Michigan defeats Davenport, 76-66Nov 28, 2009 - 9:47 PM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Carlos Medlock scored 32 points and Eastern Michigan rallied late, scoring the game's final 16 points to defeat Davenport 76-66 on Saturday.
Brandon Bowdry added 21 and grabbed 15 rebounds for the Eagles (4-2), who trailed 66-60 with 3:20 to play against the Panthers, members of the NAIA.
Medlock scored 10 points in the game-closing 16-0 stretch for Eastern Michigan. He also led the Eagles with four assists and was 11 of 12 from the free-throw line, including 7 of 8 in the final four minutes.
Nathan Cox, with 26 points, was the only player in double figures for Davenport (7-1). Cox made all four of his 3-point attempts, and he scored 17 in the first half to help the Panthers to a 34-29 lead at the break.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 76 FINAL
Nov 28 4:01 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 29 HALFTIME
Nov 28 2:42 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3
- Eagles hoping to soar past 21st-ranked Minutemen Dec 3
- Cauley-Stein, No. 3 Kentucky crush Eastern Michigan Nov 27
- Eagles put perfect mark on line against third-ranked Wildcats Nov 27
- Northern Illinois held to 4 points in first half Jan 26