Northeastern beats Wright State 70-67Nov 28, 2009 - 10:51 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Chaisson Allen threw in a halfcourt shot at the buzzer and Northeastern beat Wright State 70-67 on Saturday.
Allen, who had a game-high 21 points with eight rebounds and six assists, grabbed a rebound with 4 seconds to play and dribbled to midcourt before releasing the game-winning shot.
Close calls are nothing new for the Huskies (2-2) as the widest margin in a game this season has been six points. All four games have been decided by a total of 15 points.
Matt Janning scored 15 and Manny Adako added 11 for the Huskies.
The Huskies led 66-60 with 1:16 left but the Raiders tied the game on 3-pointers by Troy Tabler and Vaughn Duggins. A free throw by Duggins gave the Raiders a 67-66 lead, then a free throw by Allen tied the game 67-67 with 39 seconds remaining.
Todd Brown led the Raiders (3-2) with 17 points and Duggins added 16.
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 67
NORTHEASTERN 70 FINAL
Nov 28 3:59 PM
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 37
NORTHEASTERN 33 HALFTIME
Nov 28 2:56 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Valpo downs Wright State for Horizon League title Mar 12
- Crusaders and Raiders clash for Horizon League championship Mar 12