Appalachian State beats Morgan State 93-92 in OTNov 29, 2009 - 3:25 AM BOONE, N.C.(AP) -- Andre Williamson sank a free throw with 18 seconds remaining in overtime to lift Appalachian State to a 93-92 win over Morgan State on Saturday night.
Williamson, who went 9-for-10 from the free throw line, was fouled after grabbing a defensive rebound. He missed the first attempt, then sank the second for the game-winner. Williamson finished with 13 points.
Donald Sims, who led the Mountaineers (2-3) with 19 points, hit two free throws to tie the game 90-90.
Jeremi Booth, who had 12 points, hit a 3-pointer with 0.7 seconds remaining in regulation to send the game into overtime tied at 82.
Isaac Butts scored 14 points, Kellen Brand had 12 points and Ryan Abraham added 10.
Reggie Holmes led the Bears (4-1) with a game-high 23 points. Kevin Thompson scored 21 points for the Bears, DeWayne Jackson added 14 and Rodney Stokes had 10.
- NCAA BB
MORGAN ST 92
APPALACHIAN ST 93 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Nov 28 9:23 PM
- NCAA BB
MORGAN ST 37
APPALACHIAN ST 34 HALFTIME
Nov 28 7:51 PM
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Missouri handles Appalachian State Dec 2
- Mountaineers face uphill climb in clash with 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 1