Mavunga helps Miami rout Evansville 82-58Nov 28, 2009 - 11:14 PM MIAMI, Ohio(AP) -- Julian Mavunga scored 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as Miami (Ohio) routed Evansville 82-58 on Saturday.
The RedHawks (2-4), playing at home for the first time this season, set a season high for points as Rodney Haddix II added 14.
The Purple Aces (2-2) made the first basket of the game and never led again. Miami shot 51.6 percent (16-for-31) in the first half and had eight players score while leading by as many as 19 points.
Evansville cut the margin to 42-27 at halftime and used a 9-0 run to pull within 45-36 with 17:01 left. Haddix then scored the next eight points for the RedHawks, who regained their double-digit lead.
Miami won the rebounding battle 36-30 over the Purple Aces, who came in outrebounding their opponents by an average of more than 14 per game.
James Haarsma led Evansville with 12 points while Denver Holmes and Bryan Bouchie added 11 each.
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25
- Wichita State shuts down Evansville Feb 22
- Evansville comes calling on No. 13 Wichita State Feb 22
- No. 13 Wichita State silences Evansville Jan 17
- Purple Aces host 13th-ranked Shockers in MVC melee Jan 17
- Evansville tops No. 23 Northern Iowa Jan 1
- MVC action pits Panthers against Purple Aces Jan 1
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22