San Diego State routs Northern Arizona 89-48Nov 29, 2009 - 1:08 AM SAN DIEGO(AP) -- Malcom Thomas scored 21 points, and San Diego State scored 23 of the game's first 25 points in an 89-48 rout of Northern Arizona on Saturday.
The Aztecs (4-2) made 11 of 15 shots and held the Lumberjacks without a basket for the first 8 1/2 minutes as they took a 23-2 lead. Northern Arizona missed its first eight shots and had six turnovers before Gabe Rogers finally scored on a 3-pointer at the 11:33 mark.
Tyrone Shelley added 17 points for San Diego State.
Thomas made 10 of 11 shots and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Shelley came off the bench to hit 8 of 10 shots for the Aztecs, who shot 56.3 percent from the field.
Cameron Jones scored 12 points and DeAngelo Jones added 10 for Northern Arizona (2-3).
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22