Texas Tech remains unbeaten with 74-53 victoryNov 29, 2009 - 12:47 AM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- Texas Tech followed the same formula it has all season, getting balanced scoring to defeat Samford 74-53 Saturday and remain unbeaten.
The Red Raiders (7-0) got 16 points from John Roberson, 15 from David Tairu, 14 from Nick Okorie and 11 from Mike Singletary to run their win streak to seven games. Roberson also had nine assists and three steals, while Singletary pulled down eight rebounds.
Six Texas Tech players average between 8 and 13.8 points per game for the season.
In contrast, Samford (1-5) got 26 points from Josh Davis on Saturday. But he was the only Bulldogs player in double figures.
Texas Tech shot 54.7 percent from the field (29 for 53), while Samford shot just 36.7 percent (18 for 49).
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SAMFORD 28 25 53
TEXAS TECH 36 38 74 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: SAMFORD - JOSH DAVIS 26, TREY MONTGOMERY 9,
JEFFREY MERRITT 4
TEXAS TECH - JOHN ROBERSON 16, DAVID TAIRU 15,
NICK OKORIE 14
Nov 28 6:20 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS TECH 36 HALFTIME
Nov 28 5:18 PM
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Oklahoma sneaks past Texas Tech in OT Feb 21
- Hapless Red Raiders play host to 17th-ranked Sooners Feb 21
- Prince, Baylor hold off Texas Tech Feb 17
- Red Raiders seek upset of 20th-ranked Bears Feb 17